Cooking and baking are the kinds of activities that most people assume are second nature. After all, we're humans, and our most basic need is to supply ourselves with nutrition. Logically, we should just be able to get in the kitchen and make something to eat.
1. Demonstrate professional knife skills as used in the professional kitchen.
2. Demonstrate professional understanding of the Serv Safe system of food safety and
3. Demonstrate proficiency in “front of the house” and “back of the house” procedures
relevant to current industry standards.
4. Prepare sauces, soups and stocks.
5. Demonstrate strong skills in baking and pastry making.
6. Demonstrate professional level proficiency in the planning and preparation of a meal and
the creation of a menu.
7. Demonstrate refined skill in quantity food preparation through buffets for special
8. Demonstrate an understanding of professional event planning.
9. Study and prepare dishes from various ethnic cuisines of the world, such as France, Italy,
China, Thailand, Mexico and various other cuisines as dictated by student interest.
10. Examine careers in the Culinary and Hospitality fields.
11. Compile a professional working portfolio including samples of the student’s best work, a
resume’, personal business cares, a letter of recommendation and a sample job
This course is designed to meet the demand for trained workers in
the Culinary Arts, food service industry. Students will learn how to prepare food in a
professional learning environment that is much like a cooking academy. Practical
experience is gained through the application of skills in food preparation, menu
planning, serving meals, customer relations, nutrition and sanitation. Students will learn
in a well-equipped, modern kitchen and also prepare food for school functions and
events. This course includes classroom instruction, practical lab work in a commercial
Many people grow up watching their mothers or fathers cook; they may see them read recipes, combine ingredients, and use sauté pans. These same people often take for granted the ability to get into the kitchen and know what to do.
Having an inborn ability to cook isn't guaranteed. Studies show that having a good role model in the kitchen is one of the best ways to learn how to cook and bake. However, maybe you never had the opportunity to watch someone cook. Perhaps you never had enough time to really apply yourself to the task. Maybe you're just scared of not knowing what to do.
The good news is, it's never too late to start, no matter what your background may be. The most important thing to take with you into the kitchen is a basic understanding of what to do and how to do it.
This course is designed to give you just that. You will learn everything from what supplies you need for getting started to reading recipes and planning meals. You will be provided with a basic understanding of what it means to be in the kitchen and sources for additional information to foster a lifetime of culinary growth!
International College of Technical Education.
Head Office :
Office # 27, Second Floor, Maryam Shadi Hall Plaza
(Airies Plaza), Shamsabad, Murree Road,
Rawalpindi, Pakistan 46000.
Contact : , ,
This listing has no reviews yet. Be the first to leave a review.