Food safety is a global concern that covers a variety of different areas of everyday life.Food Safety refers to handling, preparing and storing food in a way to best reduce the risk of individuals becoming sick from foodborne illnesses.
The principles of food safety aim to prevent food from becoming contaminated and causing food poisoning. This is achieved through a variety of different avenues, some of which are:
Properly cleaning and sanitising all surfaces, equipment and utensils
Maintaining a high level of personal hygiene, especially hand-washing
Storing, chilling and heating food correctly with regards to temperature, environment and equipment
Implementing effective pest control
Comprehending food allergies, food poisoning and food intolerance
The objective of this course is to provide learners with the knowledge and
skills of food safety and food hygiene necessary to work within a catering
establishment and to ensure that the premises complies with food safety
regulations in the country where the business is situated.
After taking this course you will:
• Understand the importance of good personal hygiene
• Describe methods of food hygiene, preventing food contamination and increasing shelf life
• Define general guidelines for food handlers and street food vendors
• Understand the concept of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) and its principles
• Understand the basic concept of food safety
• Identify hazards that cause unsafe food and food borne illnesses
• Describe the conditions that lead to food contamination and food spoilage
• Explain the methods that help improve food safety during production, handling, storage and preparation
• Describe guidelines for:
Cleaning and sanitizing kitchen utility items and accessories
Making drinking water and fresh fruits and vegetables safe for human consume.
[***] , [***] , [***] , Office # 27, Second Floor, Maryam Shadi Hall Plaza (Airies Plaza), Shamsabad, Murree Road, Rawalpindi, Pakistan 46000