INTERNATIONAL FOOD SAFETY COURSE IN ABBOTTABAD1 year ago Services Abbottabad 132 views Reference: 46973
Food safety refers to routines in the preparation, handling and storage of food meant to prevent foodborne illness and injury. From farm to factory to fork, food products may encounter any number of health hazards during their journey through the supply chain. Safe food handling practices and procedures are thus implemented at every stage of the food production life cycle in order to curb these risks and prevent harm to consumers.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- recognize and identify basic food science concepts and terminology used by
professionals in the nutrition, foods, foodservice and food science fields.
- understand the multiple functions of regulatory agencies in the US
- understand the sources of foodborne risk.
- understand basic principles of HACCP, SQF and ISO and sanitation in general.
- understand selected laws and regulations pertaining to food processing.
- be able to apply sensory evaluation techniques to the study of food
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Explain various types of food contamination and factors that contribute to foodborne illness
2. Identify the characteristics of potentially hazardous foods
3. Describe the dangers of foodborne illness
4. Identify the high risk population
5. Demonstrate the ability to explore and apply proper food handling techniques that will eliminate possible foodborne illness.
6. Demonstrate correct procedures for receiving, preparing, serving and storing food products
7. Identify food handler health problems that are a possible threat to food safety
8. Demonstrate proper personal hygiene procedures with regard to food handling
9. Demonstrate the ability to discuss the importance of food safety training in the workplace.
A study of personal hygiene; sanitary practices in food preparation causes investigation,
control of illness caused by food contamination (Hazard Analysis Critical Control
Points); and work place safety standards.
a. How to use ServSafe Course
B. Providing Safe Food
a. Food borne Illnesses
b. Preventing Food borne
c. Key Practices for ensuring
C. Micro world
FOOD SAFETY AND FOOD HYGIENE
• Introduction to Food Safety and Food Hygiene – the
• What is contamination / microbiological
• Introduction to microbial contamination and its
• Requirements of personal hygiene
• Personal hygiene practices
• Staff facilities
CHEMICAL, PHYSICAL AND ALLERGEN CONTAMINATION
• Definitions of all sources of contamination
• Causes of contamination
• How to prevent contamination
CLEANING AND HOW TO CLEAN EFFECTIVELY
• Definition of cleaning
• Stages of cleaning
• Methods of cleaning and how to check the
effectiveness of cleaning
This listing has no reviews yet. Be the first to leave a review.