BS in Medical Lab Technology (BS-MLT) is a four-years degree program that equips students with knowledge and skills in lab test used in the detection, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases. ... Students also go on to advanced study in any number of fields including medicine, pathology and public health.
These are usually certificate or diploma-level courses. Complete a qualification in laboratory technology. This will usually be a Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques (MSL40116), a Diploma of Laboratory Technologyor an Advanced Diploma of Laboratory Operations
- Allied Health Sciences
- Chairman’s Message
- Faculty of Department
- Admission Requirements
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- BS Dental Technology
- BS Microbiology
- BS Radiology Technology
- BS Medical Lab Technology
- BS Human Nutrition & Dietetics
- BS Anesthesia
Allied Health Department
BS Medical Lab Technology
BS in Medical Lab Technology (BS-MLT) is a four-years degree program that equips students with knowledge and skills in lab test used in the detection, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases. The program consists of general education subjects (such as English, Mathematics and statistics etc) and professional subjects (such as clinical Chemistry, Microbiology and Parasitology, Hematology, Blood Banking and Serology etc).
The teaching methods used are classroom discussions, laboratory practicum exercises (wherein a student demonstrates what has been taught) and clinical lab internships in hospitals.
The Medical Lab Technology Program includes intensive practical laboratory experience during the last semester of you final year. The lab practice offers state-of-the-art computer instrumentation using the latest methods and technologies. During your practicum experience, you will apply theoretical knowledge and learn the skills to perform lab procedures, to recognize and solve problems, to assume future leadership roles, to carry out research, and to educate others. You will work one-on¬ one with a staff technologist as you gain hands-on experience in diagnostic lab medicine and public health. The Medical Lab Technology Program prepares students for a range of careers in medical centers, public health departments, research centers and more. Students also go on to advanced study in any number of fields including medicine, pathology and public health.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Upon the completion of Medical Laboratory technology program, the students:
- will have the fundamental knowledge of Medical Laboratory Technology to pursue their career and workplace needs.
- will have the intellectual curiosity to actively participate in the innovation/research, acquisition of new knowledge and skills to refine their technical abilities.
- will have the ability to critically analyze, communicate, diagnose and solve problems efficiently for the benefits of society.
- will demonstrate interpersonal, inter-professional and entrepreneurial skills to contribute towards society.