Price: Contact us
Surveyors, also known as Geomagnetic/Land Surveyors, perform mathematical calculations using specialized equipment in order to measure, mark, and delineate the boundaries of land for the public, government, or private development. They calculate the dimensions, elevations, shapes, and contours of sites.
We are looking for an analytical Surveyor to conduct land surveys and perform mathematical calculations with a high level of accuracy. Your measurements and calculations will be used for various construction and engineering projects in order to aid the decision-making and design process.
To be successful as a Surveyor you must be able to undertake detailed research that involves examining historical property records and maps to determine the legal boundaries of a section of land or property.
- Travelling to sites, when necessary.
- Taking measurements of distances and angles on a property or section of land in order to establish legal boundaries.
- Employing specialized equipment, including distance measuring wheels, GPS, and geographic information system (GIS) devices to measure boundaries and contours.
- Performing mathematical calculations to determine and confirm surveying measurements.
- Marking and delineating boundaries and reference points on a property or section of land.
- Researching and consulting historical maps and surveys, as well as legal documents, relating to the property or section of land they are measuring.
- Analyzing data using plans, maps, charts, and software such as AutoCAD and GIS programs.
- Presenting data to clients and preparing reports detailing legal boundaries and other relevant information.
- Collaborating and working with project managers, construction crews, and government agencies, when necessary.
- Previous experience as a surveyor or in a similar role
- Working knowledge of GPS and GIS
- Tech savvy, including familiarity with CAD software
- Aptitude in math and problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- Great organizational and leadership skills
- Degree in Civil Engineering or a similar field
- Valid certificate is required
This listing has no reviews yet. Be the first to leave a review.